Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yeeha - End of the Semester

Well I'm nearing the end of writing my assessment and have had to admit to myself that I have enjoyed participating in this course more than I thought I would. When we commenced I definitely considered myself one of the technophobes I read about in the Verdonck and Ryan article. By just "having a go" I have found that I am not such an old dog that couldn't be taught new tricks!

Taking part in this course has shown me that sometimes when you go outside your comfort zone you find that it's not so bad and the new skills you learn will be incredibly valuable in the future. As OT's we have to move with the times and larger proportions of society are using technology more frequently everyday.

So bye bye for now but I may share my thoughts here again!

Oh yes reference for the article is:

Verdonck, M.C. & Ryan, S. (2008). Mainstream technology as an occupationsl therapy tool: Technophobe or technogeek? British Journal of Occupational Therapy (71)6, 253-256.

No comments:

Post a Comment